11 July, 2008

just took a nap

The summer in Raleigh is very hard, I really need of more vitamins and water, indeed I was working in the office, with my eyes almost closed, so I chose to take a nap, somewhere...while I was trying to figure out the right place, my legs were already walking without listening to my mind, and, oplĂ ...I found a soft big deckchair, outside, in front of the future building of Bioengineering...it was in the shade, sitting down I could immediately feel a relaxing wind on my sky and I fell asleep like a sweet child with my Dopey t-shirt (Walt Disney). So good...and now in my mind there's just a song, by Nina Simone (a name that I should hate, but I cannot...no, maybe yes), like everything now has a soundtrack by her, yes, because it's time, musically talking, of Nina Simone (I fell in love for her).
The song is " Feeling Good":

Birds flying high you know how I feel
Sun in the sky you know how I feel
Reeds driftin on by you know how I feel

(refrain:)
Its a new dawn
Its a new day
Its a new life
For me
And Im feeling good

Fish in the sea you know how I feel
River running free you know how I feel
Blossom in the tree you know how I feel

(refrain)

Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, dont you know
Butterflies all havin fun you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done
Thats what I mean

And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
For me

Stars when you shine you know how I feel
Scent of the pine you know how I feel
Oh freedom is mine
And I know how I feel


and it's dedicated to a special person, I'll call him simply Frog, a great man that I cannot have, for many many reasons, but who I love, and maybe I'll love him forever like an ideal love, so perfect in my mind will be perfect forever because it cannot burn itself, cannot finish badly...
yes, Frog, I want you to know just I feel so good with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Stéphanie said...

Hey Valentina!
I didn't know that you wrote this! You hide this to me?????? ;)
Many kisses!
See you very soooon!
Steph